Published by Cel Manero from Global One Media Inc.
Wallen made the request because his 2020 mugshot had previously gone viral due to his messy appearance.

Morgan Wallen seemed determined to have a more polished mugshot in 2024 compared to his viral 2020 one, according to newly released footage from the recent arrest.
In the video, the 32-year-old country star is seen speaking politely with officers after being taken into custody and brought to a Nashville police station for booking. Despite maintaining a calm and friendly demeanor, Wallen appeared particularly focused on one detail before the booking process began — how he looked.
At one point, an officer remarked, “You’ve been arrested here before, right? Here’s your picture from last time if you want to see it.” Wallen responded with a lighthearted question: “Do I have to take another picture?”
In 2020, Morgan Wallen was taken into custody in Nashville for public intoxication and disorderly conduct after being removed from Kid Rock’s bar. Although those charges were eventually dropped, his mugshot — showing him grinning with tousled hair — quickly spread online.
Fast forward to 2024, and Wallen was once again arrested in Nashville. In the newly released body cam footage from that arrest, an officer can be heard saying, “They’ll probably take an updated picture of you.” Wallen immediately replied, “Can you make sure my hair looks decent?”
The officer laughed and responded, “I’ll do my best, but you’ll have to check with the DCSO guys.”
Wallen, laughing along, then asked, “You got a comb?” to which the officer replied, “Actually, I do. I’ll help you out. You might be the first arrest at Chief’s.”
After allowing Wallen to use the restroom, officers re-handcuffed him — this time with his hands in front — and handed him the comb so he could fix his hair before his mugshot.
Later, additional footage captured Wallen sitting in the back of a squad car, joking with officers. “How do I look, man?” he asked through laughter. When one officer told him he looked good, Wallen grinned and said, “I’m gonna smile this time. Should I? I’m a lot happier now than I was back then. I used to be mad, but not anymore. You ever been mad?”
When the officer said yes, Wallen continued, “At the world? Me too. But I’m not anymore — I went to church for the fourth time in a row today.”
The country singer was charged with felony reckless endangerment in connection to the 2024 incident, a charge later reduced to two misdemeanors. In December of that year, Wallen pleaded guilty and received a sentence of seven days in a DUI education program along with two years of supervised probation.
“Morgan has fully cooperated with law enforcement throughout the past eight months,” his attorney, Worrick Robinson IV, told PEOPLE at the time. “He has personally apologized to everyone affected and remains dedicated to making a positive difference through his music and foundation.”
On April 19, 2024, Wallen addressed the incident publicly on X (formerly Twitter), writing: “I didn’t feel right speaking out until I had made amends with everyone involved. I’ve reached out to Nashville authorities, my family, and the good folks at Chief’s. I’m not proud of my behavior, and I take full responsibility.”













