Published by Cel Manero from Global One Media Inc.
The country music star called off his June 6 performance because of severe weather concerns.
Morgan Wallen has responded to what he described as “nonsense” commentary surrounding the last-minute cancellation of his Pittsburgh concert over the weekend.
The 33-year-old country singer confirmed via Instagram Stories that his Still the Problem tour stop at Acrisure Stadium on Saturday, June 6, was called off due to dangerous weather conditions. The performance would have been his second appearance in the city on this tour.
In his statement, Wallen explained that discussions with local officials and his team led to the decision to cancel the show because severe weather was expected to continue throughout the day and evening. He stressed that protecting both fans and crew members was the top priority, noting that ticket refunds would be processed at the original point of purchase.
Later, the “I Got Better” artist followed up with a video message addressing the situation more directly. He said his team had informed him earlier that strong winds were forecast in the area, which led to the recommendation to cancel.
Wallen explained that he followed the advice given to him and trusted the information available at the time. While acknowledging that the worst of the weather had not yet fully reached Pittsburgh, he noted that conditions had already impacted parts of Pennsylvania.
He also emphasized the potential danger of continuing the show under such circumstances, pointing out that his large stage setup could pose serious safety risks in high winds. He said he made the decision based on the best information he had and acted with safety in mind.
The singer went on to push back against online criticism, saying there had been “a lot of nonsense” circulating about him that was not accurate. He added that he felt compelled to clarify the situation, noting that his longtime fans would understand his approach.
“I just wanted to clear the air,” he said, before closing with a message to supporters.
According to TribLive, scattered thunderstorms had been forecast for the Pittsburgh area on the day of the scheduled concert. One attendee, Nate Lynch, told the outlet that although fans were disappointed, they were relieved to receive refunds.
Acrisure Stadium did not immediately respond to media inquiries, while Wallen’s representatives directed questions to his Instagram statements.













