Published by Cel Manero from Global One Media Inc.
In the comments section of Frank’s Instagram post, the country star questioned, “How is this any different from earning money off the same music?”

Forrest Frank Sparks Debate After Announcing He’ll No Longer Accept Music Awards Because of His Faith
Christian artist Forrest Frank has stirred discussion online after declaring that he will no longer accept music awards, saying his decision stems from his religious convictions.
The 30-year-old singer, who first rose to prominence as part of the Christian pop duo Surfaces, has since built a successful solo career. His song “Your Way’s Better” from his sophomore album Child of God II topped Billboard’s Hot Christian Songs chart earlier this year before crossing over to the Hot 100. Frank earned six nominations for the upcoming 2025 Dove Awards and received his first Grammy nod last year for his debut solo project, Child of God.
However, in an Instagram post shared on October 6, Frank said he has been struggling with the idea of accepting recognition for music he believes comes from his faith rather than himself.
“As Christians, it can be difficult to know where to draw the line between being in the world and not of it,” he wrote. “Personally, I feel convicted that I shouldn’t accept a trophy for something that is from Jesus and for Jesus.”
Frank, who was named Best New Artist at the 2024 Dove Awards, added that the internal conflict has been on his mind for some time. “I even mentioned it onstage last year — I said I was still struggling with the idea of accepting this award. But all glory to Jesus; every name will fade away except His,” he recalled.
In the same post, Frank explained that he has now chosen to completely step back from award ceremonies. “I don’t know if I even want to step on the stage or into the room,” he said. “I’ve decided not to attend the Doves or the Grammys. I want to set an example for young people — that our real reward is salvation. The greatest trophy is knowing my name is written in the Book of Life and that I have eternal life. What is a piece of metal compared to that?”
Frank’s announcement quickly drew a wide range of reactions in the comments section of his post.
Country star Jelly Roll, who is not classified as a Christian artist but has spoken openly about his faith, weighed in with two thoughtful — and somewhat critical — responses.
“Won’t accept a trophy for something that’s from Jesus and for Jesus, but will take the profits from something that’s from Jesus and for Jesus. Maybe I’m missing something here, lol,” wrote the 40-year-old singer, whose real name is Jason Bradley DeFord.
In a follow-up comment, he elaborated: “This is an interesting take — I dig it. How do you think this compares to profiting from the same music? I love that you said, ‘I don’t want to get a trophy for something that’s from Jesus for Jesus,’ which is awesome — but you also make millions of dollars doing that same thing that’s from Jesus for Jesus.”
Not everyone shared Jelly Roll’s skepticism, however. Gospel legend CeCe Winans, 61, voiced her support by writing, “Stay true to your convictions!!” Meanwhile, worship artist Matt Gilman, 40, added, “I love this so much!”
The official account for Kings Kaleidoscope, the Seattle-based Christian alternative band led by Chadwick Gardner, also chimed in, suggesting a practical solution: that Frank simply choose not to submit his work for award consideration in the future.













